Poems about Christmas. You can read the best Christmas poems. Browse through all Christmas poems.
Poems About Christmas
- A Child's Christmas In Walesby Dylan Thomas
One Christmas was so much like another, in those years around the sea-town corner now and out of all sound except the distant speaking of the voices I sometimes hear a moment before sleep, that I can never remember whether it snowed for six days and six nights when I was twelve or whether it snowed for twelve days and twelve nights when I was six.
All the Christmases roll down toward the two-tongued sea, like a cold and headlong moon bundling down the sky that was our street; and they stop at the rim of the ice-edged fish-freezing waves, and I plunge my hands in the snow and bring out whatever I can find. In goes my hand into that wool-white bell-tongued ball of holidays resting at the rim of the carol-singing sea, and out come Mrs. Prothero and the firemen....more
- I Heard The Bells On Christmas Dayby Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men....more
- Christmas Eveby Anne Sexton
Oh sharp diamond, my mother!
I could not count the cost
of all your faces, your moods-
that present that I lost....more
- Christmas Bellsby Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
"I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat...more
- A Christmas Ghost Story.by Thomas Hardy
South of the Line, inland from far Durban,
A mouldering soldier lies--your countryman.
Awry and doubled up are his gray bones,
And on the breeze his puzzled phantom moans...more
- Christmas Carolby Sara Teasdale
The kings they came from out the south,
All dressed in ermine fine;
They bore Him gold and chrysoprase,
And gifts of precious wine....more
- Christmas Party At The South Danbury Churchby Donald Hall
we gather at the white Church festooned
red and green, the tree flashing
green-red lights beside the altar....more
- A Family Christmasby Ernestine Northover
Sitting in front of the fire, Auntie Flo's reciting a story,
it's one about her first Christmas as a newly wed,
the same one she broadcasts every year,
but no one is listening....more
- Jest 'Fore Christmasby Eugene Field
Father calls me William, sister calls me Will,
Mother calls me Willie, but the fellers call me Bill!
Mighty glad I ain't a girl - ruther be a boy,
Without them sashes, curls, an' things that's worn by Fauntleroy!...more
- Christmas - A Little Friend's Poem - Written By Amy Boothby, Aged 10by Ernestine Northover
ready for Christmas? , to decorate the tree,...more
- Remembrance Of Christmas Pastby Judith Viorst
They let the children out of school too early.
I left the Christmas shopping till too late.
Each day we had a holiday excursion,
Which gave us the entire week to wait in line for...more
- Christmas In Indiaby Rudyard Kipling
Dim dawn behind the tamerisks -- the sky is saffron-yellow --
As the women in the village grind the corn,
And the parrots seek the riverside, each calling to his fellow
That the Day, the staring Easter Day is born....more
- Christmasby John Clare
Christmas is come and every hearth
Makes room to give him welcome now
E'en want will dry its tears in mirth
And crown him wi' a holly bough...more
- A Christmas Tree! A Christmas Tree!by David Keig
A Christmas tree! A Christmas tree!
With dark green needled memories
Of childhood dreams and mysteries
Wrapped present-like in front of me....more
- A Christmas Carolby William Topaz McGonagall
Welcome, sweet Christmas, blest be the morn
That Christ our Saviour was born!
Earth's Redeemer, to save us from all danger,
And, as the Holy Record tells, born in a manger....more
- What Reminds You Of Christmas?by Ernestine Northover
A holly wreath hung on the door,
Or presents strewn across the floor,...more
- Christmas Fanciesby Ella Wheeler Wilcox
When Christmas bells are swinging above the fields of snow,
We hear sweet voices ringing from lands of long ago.
And etched on vacant places,
Are half forgotten faces...more
- Our Christmas Treeby Ernestine Northover
Our Christmas tree, stood straight and tall,
We had it standing in the hall,
With decorations, sparkling bright,
And baubles, glittering in the light,...more
- Lines For A Christmas Cardby Hilaire Belloc
- Christmas - Senryusby Ernestine Northover
Christmas is coming
We will buy presents galore
The bailiffs might call....more
- Having Lost My Sons, I Confront The Wreckage Of The Moon: Christmas, 1960by James Arlington Wright
Near the South Dakota border,
The moon is out hunting, everywhere,
- Sam's Christmas Puddingby Marriott Edgar
It was Christmas Day in the trenches
In Spain in Penninsular War,
And Sam Small were cleaning his musket
A thing as he'd ne're done before....more
- From The Short Story A Christmas Dream, And How It Came Trueby Louisa May Alcott
From our happy home
Through the world we roam
One week in all the year,
Making winter spring...more
- Christmas Spiritby Paul Moosberg
Put up a splash of Christmas spirit
Put in a dash of love
Stir up the sounds ‘till you can hear it
Sing out to those you love...more
- A Christmas Carol, Sung To The King In The Presence At White-Hallby Robert Herrick
What sweeter music can we bring,
Than a Carol, for to sing...more
- Christmas Is Really For The Childrenby Steve Turner
Christmas is really
for the children.
Especially for children
who like animals, stables,...more
- Music On Christmas Morningby Anne Brontë
Music I love - but never strain
Could kindle raptures so divine,
So grief assuage, so conquer pain,
And rouse this pensive heart of mine -...more
- Christmas Holidaysby Thomas Hood
Along the Woodford road there comes a noise
Of wheels, and Mr. Rounding's neat post-chaise
Struggles along, drawn by a pair of bays,
With Reverend Mr. Crow and six small boys, ...more
- This Section Is A Christmas Treeby Vachel Lindsay
This section is a Christmas tree:
Loaded with pretty toys for you.
Behold the blocks, the Noah's arks,
The popguns painted red and blue....more
- A Tale Of Christmas Eveby William Topaz McGonagall
'Twas Christmastide in Germany,
And in the year of 1850,
And in the city of Berlin, which is most beautiful to the eye;
A poor boy was heard calling out to passers-by....more
- A Hymn For Christmas Dayby Thomas Chatterton
Almighty Framer of the Skies!
O let our pure devotion rise,
Like Incense in thy Sight!
Wrapt in impenetrable Shade...more
- Christmas At Mel’sby C.J. Heck
Sadie slumped in the chair
at her favorite table at Mel's.
Merry Christmas. Yeah, so what?
Six empty glasses were lined up...more
- The Christmas Nightby Lucy Maud Montgomery
Wrapped was the world in slumber deep,
By seaward valley and cedarn steep,
And bright and blest were the dreams of its sleep;
All the hours of that wonderful night-tide through...more
- Christmas At The Orphanageby Bill Knott
But if they'd give us toys and twice the stuff most
parents splurge on the average kid, orphans, I submit, need more than enough;
in fact, stacks wrapped with our names nearly hid
the tree: these sparkling allotments yearly...more
- A Christmas Carolby George Wither
So now is come our joyful'st feast,
Let every man be jolly.
Each room with ivy leaves is drest,
And every post with holly....more
- Baby's First Christmas (Children)by C.J. Heck
So, this is Christmas morning...
everyone is here.
I don't really understand it
cause it isn't very clear,...more
- Christmasby Henry Timrod
How grace this hallowed day?
Shall happy bells, from yonder ancient spire,
Send their glad greetings to each Christmas fire
Round which the children play?...more
- The Cast Of Christmas Reassembles For Easterby Steve Turner
Take the wise men to the Emperor's palace.
Wash their hands in water.
Get them to say something about truth.
Does anyone know any good Jewish jokes?...more
- Christmas Treasuresby Eugene Field
I count my treasures o'er with care.--
The little toy my darling knew,
A little sock of faded hue,
A little lock of golden hair....more
- ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Christmas Card(Being An Early Christmas Poem For Ruthie)by Dónall Dempsey
- The House Of Christmasby Gilbert Keith Chesterton
There fared a mother driven forth
Out of an inn to roam;
In the place where she was homeless
All men are at home....more
- A Christmas Wishby David Keig
No greater gift
Could come to me
- Modern Love Xxiii: 'Tis Christmas Weatherby George Meredith
'Tis Christmas weather, and a country house
Receives us: rooms are full: we can but get
An attic-crib. Such lovers will not fret
At that, it is half-said. The great carouse...more
- Christmas Spiritby Tess Gurney
Cars and bustle, rush and hustle,
trolley dashing tempers clashing
Christmas cheer to much beer
mistletoe, plastic snow...more
- On Christmas Eveby William Wilfred Campbell
In byre and barn the mows are brim with sheaves,
Where stealeth in with phosphorescent tread
The glimmering moon, and, ’neath his wattled eaves,
The kennelled hound unto the darkness grieves...more
- A White Christmasby Carla Jean Laglia Esely
'Twas the night before christmas.
With a blanket of white.
That covered the earth all through the night.
The trees sparkled like diamonds....more
- The Greatest Birthday (Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas)by Udiah (witness to Yah)
'Glory to God in the highest
And on earth peace good will toward men'
Born unto a virgin was God's only begotten Son...more
- The Christmas-Boxby Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
THIS box, mine own sweet darling, thou wilt find
With many a varied sweetmeat's form supplied;
The fruits are they of holy Christmas tide,
But baked indeed, for children's use design'd....more
- Christmasby Julia Ann Moore
Hail the coming holiday,
With a hearty joyous feast,
And drive away sorrow, friends,
For a day or two at least;...more
- (728) Christmas Joyby Melvina Germain
Snowflakes fall elegantly,
Ice glints glow for all to see.
Lights of red, yellow, blue and green,
are all a part of the Christmas scene....more